Is your belly fat making you look bad? Then, you must seriously think and start indulging yourself in some exercises.
Exercise increases muscle and muscle tissue burns more calories than fat tissue, even at rest. To get rid of that spare tyre, aim for at least half an hour of exercise every day.
These 5 exercises to lose belly fat are just what you need.
Vertical Leg Crunch
– Lie flat on the mat or on the floor with legs extended upwards towards the ceiling and then one knee that is crossed over the other. Breathe in and then lift the upper body towards the pelvis. Breathe out slowly.
– Do about 12-16 crunches for two to three sets.
The biggest mistake people make with this exercise is not keeping their backs flat. Keep your back as straight as possible, and try not to hunch over. Practice in front of a mirror if you aren’t sure.
– Keep that back straight, and press your chest out. If this feels too “easy,” try holding a 5-10 lb weight in your hands.
– Start with 3 sets for 20 repetitions total (move slowly).
– Lie on your back with knees bent, feet on the floor, and arms at your sides, palms down.
– Lift your right leg until it is perpendicular to the floor, keeping your knee slightly bent (don’t lock the joint).
– With your toes pointed, make small circles (about the size of a dinner plate) with your leg, rotating from the hip. Inhale as you begin each circle and exhale as you finish.
– Keep your body as still as possible.
– Perform six clockwise circles and six counterclockwise.
– Repeat with the other leg.
– Start in a low plank position and bring your right knee to your right elbow.
– Extend your right leg back and repeat with the left leg.
Mountain Climber Plank
– Place your hands on the floor and walk your feet back and into the push-up position. – Make sure your arms are straight and your shoulders, hips, and feet form a straight line.
– Bend one leg and pull your knee up to your chest. Keep your abs braced.
– Extend your leg, swap sides, and repeat.
– Do 10-20 on each leg.